Sunday 22 April 2012

Leaflet/Poster for Exhibition. . .




Here I have photoshopped an image of my leaflet for my virtual exhibition.

I wanted the image to look as though it is from the perspective of the front of the stage, looking at Gallaccio's sculpture in the foreground and seeing the blurred Death Counter in the background.

I blurred the death counter image on photoshop and adjusted the levels, then applied a new layer of which I pasted the sculpture (cutting it out of its previous context and moving it within the frame of the new image) to look as though it was in focus, with the death counter out of focus, creating a sense of a long depth of field. I added highlights to the tree sculpture branches to look as though the spotlight (from above) is shining upon it.

I wanted to evoke a feeling of montage, so applied the text on top as though cut out from a newspaper. I also placed the fundamental quote 'They do not move' - the final stage direction used by Beckett at the end of both acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment