Friday 20 April 2012




Poster for WFG performed in Sarajevo.

Various productions have been made since its first production in England in 1955, directed by Peter Hall. The various productions rely heavily on the context in which they are being shown and the audience they are being shown to. During the Bosnian war where people were forced to rely heavily on hope, a production of Waiting for Godot was conceived.

Similar contextual productions were made, such as an all female casting; this was highly controversial - The Beckett Society were strongly against the making of this particular production.

I would like my production to echo similar contextual resonance, focusing on the specific artworks I use in my set design. I would also like to allocate specific actors to play the five characters in the play.  

No comments:

Post a Comment